Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Other Half Of The Question [Anthony McCarthy]

This morning I asked a half of a question, Would you want the friends of your children, their boyfriends, girlfriends to have their minds formed by the worst of media?

That was the less troubling half of it. The more troubling half is would you want the enemies of your children, their sadistic boy or girl friend, a very potentially violent school mate who they might not even know, to have their minds informed by the worst of media? Because they could very likely have that last one now.

That is a question that the media libertarians should have to answer, that is also a question that liberals who believe the situation as it lies is tolerable forced on them. I don’t think it is tolerable. I don’t think there is any reason for anyone to just accept it because they think that question has been settled because the Supreme Court has spoken.

There is a lot more to think about at Nancy Carlsson-Paige’s website.

I don’t have any idea what she would think of my post, which should not be taken as representative of her thinking, it is my sole responsibility.