Friday, August 11, 2006

Guest Post by Hybrid: Friday Finch Blogging

I'm having a busier Friday than anticipated, so I can't do justice to any serious topics at the moment. So since it's a Friday tradition to post about pets, I thought I would post this action shot of a couple of my zebras:



Enjoying a brief rest during a romp outside their cage, that's Bowser on the left (you can just see the white bar at the bottom of his wing) and Squeaky on the right. I have two other finches, the Twins, that didn't make it into the photo.

What you can't appreciate in photo form is the amount of noise that these little birds can make. Bowser and the Twins all came from a friend's flock, so their songs sound alike. (These finches have a pretty similar sound.) Squeaky, who grew up in a pet shop surrounded by canaries, has a much sweeter, higher-pitched song, so he's always easy to identify. It took some getting used to, but now the house sounds eerily quiet without their constant chirping. :^D

Happy Friday!