Thursday, July 14, 2005

Goddesses Have No Sense of Humor



I say it first so that nobody else needs to: I do understand what is supposed to be funny in what follows, but the unfunny bits swamp it totally. This is the Bud Light advertisement that didn't make me giggle:

Some men flip through a catalog looking for furniture
You look through a catalog looking for someone to clean the furniture

Background: *i don't do windows* (in vaguely stereotypical Asian accent)

Nothing says i will love you forever like a quick swipe of the credit card at the altar
Women wait their whole lives for a man to say "I do"
In your case "I do... agree to pay the sum of 3000 American dollars"
So crack open a bottle of Bud Light oh Catalog Casanova
Your spouse may be full price
But you'll always be our better half

It should have had a crack about how the Bud Light will come handy when the guy is digging the grave for this bride while waiting to order the next one. But I like the definition of marriage: someone to clean the furniture.

You can listen to the ad by going to http://www.budlight.com, clicking on Men of Genius, then Radio Ads, and then Mr. Mail Order Bride Orderer.
----
Props to Allie