Thursday, June 03, 2004

All These C-Words



This is a self-indulgent post that nobody else will find interesting. That's the nice thing about owning a blog, no editor can come in and force me to delete it because it doesn't sell. The bad thing about owning a blog is, of course, that I don't have an editor, unless you count the dogs.

The reason for this post is a simple one: I have totally fallen in love with these four things:
-cad
-curmudgeony
-clotted cream
-crunchy

Or at least the way the feel in my mouth. They are wonderfully edible words and phrases! Just try saying them: 'cad', like sighing out in exasperation, 'curmudgeony', like housing a small spiny creature in the mouth (a hedgehog?), 'clotted cream', just like the sound of a spoon digging up some of this substance and then spreading it on a piece of smooth toast, 'crunchy', so crunchy that I fear my teeth have crumbled when I say it. I adore them all.

Do these sorts of things ever happen to you? I used to have a bad crush on the word 'albatross' once, too.